Sep 29, 2010

My Top Five Favorite Ben Stiller Movies

One of the kings of the modern day movie comedy is Ben Stiller. For over ten years, Stiller's face has become synonymous with hit comedies, and everything points to this trend continuing on into the next decade. Stiller is a very likable guy who clearly does not take himself too seriously, in movies at least.
Let's go through and take a look at some of Ben Stiller's best movies so far.
The first movie that I will mention on this list is Meet The Parents. From a likability standpoint, this might be his best movie of all. No other movie of his has been able to have two spinoffs. The sequel is Meet The Fockers, and the third installment, "Little Fockers" hits theaters this winter.
Another great movie that Stiller starred in was There's Something About Mary. I remember going into this movie having no idea what to expect, and wow was I surprised. This was easily one of my favorite comedies of the 1990s.
This list would not be complete without giving praise to Tropic Thunder. In my opinion, this is an incredible movie. The plot is absolutely brilliant, and it manages to balance action and comedy very well. One of the better comedies in recent years.
While I am not the biggest fan of these movies, it is hard to deny the popularity of the Night At The Museum franchise. These two films have made some serious money at the box office, and all signs point to another installment.
One other movie that definitely makes the cut for me is Heavyweights. This might be my favorite Ben Stiller role of all, playing the part of the psychotic Tony Perkis, a fitness guru who takes over a camp for fat kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment