Sep 28, 2010

My Top Five Favorite Vince Vaughn Movies

Vince Vaughn is an interesting actor. He is hilarious, however I think it would be wrong to call him a comedian. I have seen his standup before, and I found it underwhelming. In movies, however, he is absolutely hilarious. Maybe because he usually plays a role that seems to be reflective of his every day self. Regardless of the reason, he has had some great films.
This article will discuss what I consider to be Vince Vaughn's best films to date.
One movie that definitely makes the cut for me is Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. Yes, Will Ferrell was incredible in this film, but what made it so great was the number of appearances from other stars in it. Vaughn plays the role of Wes Mantooth, a rival reporter.
Another movie that I would have to include on this list is Wedding Crashers. I have a serious problem with Wedding Crashers; it is one of those movies that any time I catch it on television, I have to watch it in its entirety.
No list of Vince Vaughn films would be complete without mentioning Into The Wild. A little known fact about this movie is that another great actor, Sean Penn, actually directed it. Another great fact about this movie is that Eddie Vedder, the lead singer of Pearl Jam, wrote most, if not all, of the songs on the soundtrack.
One of Vince Vaughn's best movies of all time is definitely Old School. This is the Animal House of the modern age, and one of my favorite comedies in recent memory. This movie also stars Will Ferrell and Luke Wilson.
Finally, no list of Vince Vaughn films would be complete without mentioning Swingers. This is another classic comedy that happens to star Jon Favreau, Ron Livingston, Vaughn and Heather Graham.
As it stands, these are my favorite movies starring (or featuring) Vince Vaughn. I can't wait for Old School 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment